Mercari Events Code of Conduct
The Mercari Events Code of Conduct aims to provide a safe and positive event experience for everyone, without being limited to the following points. It applies to all events organized and/or operated by Mercari.
All participants of Mercari events must abide by the following policy:
Do not perform any actions that go against the purpose of the event
- All Mercari events have a purpose. Understand the purpose of the event, and refrain from doing anything that goes against that purpose.
Do not commit harassment
- Harassment includes, but is not limited to: verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination related to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected categories; sexual imagery in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; offensive verbal language; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Do not damage property, nor bring dangerous objects
- Do not deliberately destroy the decoration, accessories or furniture of the venue, nor use any prohibited item.
- Do not bring any object for which possession has been prohibited by law, or that may harm people or damage other objects.
Do not accept any harassing behavior and contact the event staff immediately if you see or hear any action that violates this Code
- The person making you uncomfortable, might not realize what they are doing. Let the event staff know if someone harasses or makes you feel uncomfortable, or if you have any other concerns. Also, let the event staff know if you see or hear someone harassing or making someone else uncomfortable.
- This Code applies to, but is not limited to the following people:
- all attendees
- event staff
- or similar attendees
- Harassment based on, but not limited to the following will not be tolerated:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Body size
- Physical appearance
- Political views
- Marital status
- Other protected categories